Manufacturing Team Member
CU Phosco Lighting is one of the U.K.’s leading external lighting manufacturers and is well respected throughout the industry. We are proud of our heritage and have been producing and supplying high-quality streetlights and lampposts for over 100 years.
Due to growth in demand for our industry-leading energy-efficient products, we have exciting new opportunities for additional manufacturing staff to join our loyal, dedicated, and enthusiastic production team.
This is a 39 hour a week full-time contract position and is based at our main lantern production facility in Ware, Hertfordshire.
You will be part of the core electro-mechanical production team and working on a flowline manufacturing LED light fitting. This is repeatable, high intensity, target driven work with an emphasis on quality and consistency.
You will be required to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Excellent mechanical aptitude and dexterity with experience in using both hand and power driver tooling.
- Good communication skills. You will need to interact with other members, read and understand work instructions and highlight any potential concerns and opportunities for improvement.
- Experience working with a computer will be required. This will involve logging of completed work, data input and carrying out pre-programmed test procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Previous sequenced assembly Flowline / Production Line experience gained within a manufacturing environment would be a distinct benefit.
- Electronic flow line manufacturing experience is desirable but not essential.
- High level of concentration due to repeatable work.
- Comfortable within the team environment
- Competent at working within a fast-paced production environment.
- Above all, you will be enthusiastic, conscientious, and keen to learn and develop yourself.
The role will initially be a standard day shift position working from 08:00-17:00 Monday to Thursday and 08:00-13:00 on Friday. However, you will be expected to transfer to a two-shift operation following successful probation. The shifts will run between 06:00 and 22:00 Monday to Thursday and 06:00 and 20:00 on Fridays. You will need to be flexible to support business needs.
Salary rate will be £10.10 per hour. Although it cannot be guaranteed, the opportunity for additional overtime hours is likely for the next 6-9 months. Weekday overtime will attract an hourly rate of £13.43, rising to £15.15 for weekend working.
If you feel you have the skills, motivation, and commitment to become a member of our team then, we would love to hear from you below.